- The Blueprint for Next is Carolina’s strategic framework guiding the University’s decision-making during the next decade. The framework reflects the University’s existing strengths, holds fast to our commitment to the public and deepens our campus culture of innovation and creativity. Built on two pillars, “Of the public, For the public” and “Innovation Made Fundamental,” The Blueprint for Next was endorsed by the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees in January 2017.
- For All Kind: The Campaign for Carolina is the University’s comprehensive fundraising campaign that aims to raise $4.25 billion by Dec. 31, 2022, to foster an innovation generation prepared to lead the world to a better future through research and scholarship, example and ethos. A signature initiative of the campaign is The Carolina Edge, which seeks to raise $1 billion for undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships.
- Arts Everywhere is making arts a fundamental part of the University culture and daily life. Diverse departments, units and organizations collaborate to embed creative expression, live arts experiences and arts learning into students’ education.
- The Three Zeros Environmental Initiative is Carolina’s integrated approach to reduce its environmental footprint through three overarching goals: net zero water usage, zero waste to landfills and net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Chancellor’s Task Force on UNC-Chapel Hill History is developing a comprehensive approach to curating and teaching the history of the University.
- A series of named scholarships honor Carolina’s noteworthy firsts, courageous people who represent important “firsts” in the University’s history, and bridge builders, individuals whose work, advocacy and personal example helped create a more inclusive and unified campus.
- Carolina’s Veterans and Active Duty Military Support Programs include a range of initiatives committed to those who have served and are serving our nation.
Adverse Weather: The University will remain in Condition 2 until 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 11.